Name Change for Samba4? [Re: What is blocking a Samba4 Tech Preview?]

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Fri Dec 23 08:29:25 GMT 2005

Jeremy,

 > Yep - I never imagined anything else. I'm mainly concerned about
 > people currently doing an rpm -U xxx and finding their installation
 > doesn't work in the way they expect. As Samba4 gets more complete
 > this problem will go away.

yep, I hope the problem will diminish, though I don't imagine it will
disappear altogether.

For the moment I think the proposal is for Samba4 to be included in
the 'experimental' branch of debian. That branch is a 'your computer
will be broken daily, and possibly catch fire' distro so I don't think
we need be concerned about Debian experimental users. I use a few
packages from Debian experimental myself, but I know that by doing so
the packages can (and do!) break regularly.

Cheers, Tridge