Why doesn't the net command use POPT_COMMON_CREDENTIALS ?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Dec 19 01:09:50 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I'm working on finishing the usershare code in net and I'm wondering
why it doesn't use the POPT_COMMON_CREDENTIALS macro to include all the
standard methods of specifying kerberos etc. on the command line ?

Anyone who worked on this originally (SteveF, Jim) have any memories
as to why this isn't so ?

rpcclient, smbclient, smbcacls, smbquotas all use POPT_COMMON_CREDENTIALS,
I'm wondering if I should fix "net" to do the same ?

Jeremy.