Apple OS X SMB issues across VPN

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Wed Dec 14 13:26:34 GMT 2005

   The red hat Samba did not suffer this performance hit, so
it's not likely to be a SMB protocol issue as such, more
a issue with the implementatons on the two OSs.
   I suspect it has **something** to do with latency,
as the flow graph in ethereal looks like a stairwell (;-))

   Dan, could we have a new packet capture from the OS-X
server now the VPN issue is fixed?  It should be as close
as possible to the exact same user scenario as before.

--dave

--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest