Copied file vanishes when client is OS X

Ed Holden eholden at mclean.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 25 20:49:29 GMT 2003

Benjamin,

> Hm, there must be *some* difference.  When I save a file from
> Preview.app, GetFileInfo says this about the new file:

Good call.  I had been checking with the DeRez utility on the
Preview-generated version of the PDF, not GetFileInfo.  My bad.  Yes, the
version from Preview contains exactly the meta data you specify.  So
that must be the difference between the files, since the data forks are
(according to diff) identical.

> Also, can you try, if the CpMac tool can copy the file to the Samba
> server successfully?

It can!  If I run that tool on the bad version of the file it gets
there fine.  So the problem is happening when I do a copy operation on
the version of the file that lacks info in GetFileInfo, but only when I
do it via the GUI.  Wow, that's pretty specific.

-Ed