Need help to write a new driver for a new wireless device (not yet in the market).

Sriharsha Vedurmudi svedurumudi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 09:06:10 GMT 2007

Hello Benjamin,
 As much as I want to share the spec, but I am under strict legal
agreements not to share it with anyone (not even outside our team).
Another case of corporate dictatorship, but I am helpless. Sorry about
it.
 But the good news is that, this particular chip might not hit the
markets, atleast not in volumes in the coming future.

That said, can you please let me know the following:
1. What value of ssid_scan should I use if I want to use ap_scan=2
(let the driver connect to the AP directly when wpa_supplicant issues
ioctl to connect to an SSID.

2. I implemented all the ioctls, mandated by WE/wpa_supplicant for
using WPA-PSK. But I observe two things when I try:
$ wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -d

a) I don't see any printk messages that I put inside my ioctls (not
even the ones that churn out when the control enters the particular
ioctl. Why is it so?
b) The output by wpa_supplicant shows the AP correctly in the output
list but it shows its wpa_ie_len as 0 (even though in the SIOCGIWSCAN
ioctl handler, I am using iwe_stream_add_point to add the wpa IE
buffer).

Thanks and Regards,
Sriharsha.