Hello new member aboard

ra c fallsoffmotorcycle at operamail.com
Sat Jul 7 04:48:32 GMT 2007

Hi all,
I am a newbie with a refurb dell latitude c610 currently using a dlink g630 pcmcia card and XP SP2. Nothing fancy.I have a couple of 802.11g cards and a b of different manufacturer.

I also have a pc with Airlink 101 pc card and a hawking 15dB corner type directional antenna. Our home network is from a linksys router 3-4 rooms away with wireless to my room through 3 plaster walls. The wireless and Cox Cable feed are not mine and I cannot tweak them. I need a cheap and easy way to boost that signal. The Hawking does help when it is aimed properly.

I generally use TMobile Hotspots with the laptop or even the public library when I am out and about. I am seeking to learn as much as I can. I cannot write code and I do not know Linux at all so I am.
Thanks all for anything I can learn.
Fallsoffmotorcycle