Help with Cisco Aironet 350 series

Kanthi C.N kanthi at genie.iitd.ernet.in
Sat Feb 12 19:53:31 GMT 2005

Hi,
I am really sorry if this question has been asked and answered before. I
could not find it in the archives.

I am using Cisco Aironet 350 series card on Linux 2.4.20-8 ( Redhat 9 )

I downloaded the driver from Cisco site

Driver version 2.1
firmware version 5.41

The cisco ACU utility recognizes the card and shows the statistics of the
card functioning properly.

But, somehow "iwconfig" doesn't recognize the card as wireless.

root at mypc root]# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

eth1      no wireless extensions.

eth1 is the card interface.

I have already recompiled the pcmcia subsystem and installed the modules.

Any pointers/suggestions will really help. I am pretty new to these things
and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kanthi