Orinoco/Realtek 8180 interoperability problem

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Tue Jan 27 02:35:27 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 12:45:12AM +0000, grungie wrote:
> eth1: Looks like a Lucent/Agere firmware version 6.16
>
> I remember flashing both cards a while ago under Windows (AFAIK, there
> is no way of doing it under Linux) because they only supported the
> Lucent proprietary Ad-Hoc mode.

Ah, dang.  The Linux cards being in proprietary ad-hoc mode was my
theory on why it might not be working.

> Is this firmware known to have compatibility problems with other Wi-Fi
> products?

Not that I've heard, so far.  So I'm afraid I'm not sure what would
cause this problem - what is the version of the driver you're using in
each case?
david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au	| solution which is simple, neat and