Orinoco/Realtek 8180 interoperability problem

grungie grungie at chez.com
Tue Jan 27 00:45:12 GMT 2004

eth1: Looks like a Lucent/Agere firmware version 6.16

I remember flashing both cards a while ago under Windows (AFAIK, there
is no way of doing it under Linux) because they only supported the
Lucent proprietary Ad-Hoc mode.

Is this firmware known to have compatibility problems with other Wi-Fi
products?

Thanks for your reply!