Wireless access point associaton problems

ALLAN WILSON awilson2 at msn.com
Wed Feb 18 16:19:33 GMT 2004

Hello,
I'm having problems with two access points being too close together.
I have set the wireless clients(Airo 350 cards) to hirerarcy mode. I have
two access
points (wireless routers). One is a DLink DI-764 and the other is
a DLink DWL-6000AP. One router and one client has an SSID of "earth"
and the other router and client have an SSID of "jupiter".  I have
also set the Aironet 350 cards to associate to the MAC address of
the preferred router with the same "SSID".
What happens is the Aironet 350 client with the "SSID" of jupiter
reassociates to the Access Point with the SSID of "earth".  I didn't
think that could happen.
  Any ideas on how to prevent the Aironet 350 clients from reassociating
to an AP with a different "SSID"?

Thanks,

   Al Wilson