Webgear Aviator Pro Driver

Jim Carter jimc at math.ucla.edu
Wed Feb 11 19:13:57 GMT 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Ben Mott wrote:
> did you have success locating a driver for XP?
>
> Aviator WebGear 2.4 PC card

Sorry to plug a non-free-software product that I haven't actually used, but
we've heard of a product from http://www.linuxant.com/ (US$20) which acts
as middleware between the Linux kernel (2.4.x and 2.6.x available) and a
Windows driver.  They have one module for wireless drivers and one for
Winmodems.  People on the net say they've used it successfully, and in the
very near future we (UCLA-Mathnet) are going to try using it on a prof's
new Centrino (Broadcomm wireless) laptop running Linux 2.4.21.

James F. Carter          Voice 310 825 2897    FAX 310 206 6673
UCLA-Mathnet;  6115 MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA, USA 90095-1555
Email: jimc at math.ucla.edu  http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc (q.v. for PGP key)