[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Pigtail makers beware!

Jamie Moir jmoir at jmcs.net.au
Sun Nov 2 12:05:04 EST 2003

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003,  wrote:

> Not saying these will do the same thing, but you might wanna get a
> handful of units first to test before spending up big.

Similarly, pigtails do an important jobs APART from connect end X to end
Y! You wouldnt often want to directly couple an antenna to an AP,
mechanically it would be a bad idea, best to use a pigtail. Not to mention
you usually need *some space* between them as well.

I have considered getting a similar device myself, but I would've gotten
a rgSMA-m to N-m, and for some reason, they dont seem to be made. It would
give you a bit of flexibility between rgSMA (on a lot of APs), and N, on a
lot of antennas, and the rgSMA-m to rgSMA-f cables I already stock.

Cya,

Jamie