Good source of 2.4GHz directional antenna?

Haydn Lowe mrlowe at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 28 01:56:27 EST 2003

Hi Again,

Thanks for responses to my last message!
I'm on to my next challenge, and would love a few tips...

Does any one know a good source for highly directional antennas/dishes in
Australia - or even better - in the A.C.T. region? I've been trying to hunt
down galaxy dishes, but so far haven't found anything ...

I'm looking for something cheap I'd even MAKE it so long as it's simple, quick
to build, and robust/weatherproof. BUT I'd probably prefer to buy something if
it is reasonably priced - I'm really busy at the moment.

I'd like to build a link which could be either 2 or 6 km, I'd be happy to use
two different types if need be. What sort of gain do you think I'd need?  16 -
24 dbi? less? The smaller the antenna the better, but obviously beggars cant be
choosers! - ideally I would like to be able to temporarily mount it on my car
or a ute... (but this is something I can worry about later)

Thanks in advance
Haydn