Access Points and Lightning

Mark Allen marka at abcalarms.com.au
Mon Mar 31 16:38:30 EST 2003

Not a lot you can do to protect your equipment, you might be able to protect
from the strike, but the transient voltage that can be induced would be
another killer of the equipment ..

One way is to put the antenna on top of the pole, run a length of
ldf4-50/5-50/lmr400 etc down to the equipment and put in surge arrestors and
grouding kits, one as it comes into the house/building and one before the
grounding kit... tie it all off with a nice 6mm earth strap or bar and you
are better protected...

Mark Allen

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
Mark Allen -- Alarm Systems Service Technician
Senior Techncian -- ABC Alarms Pty Ltd
CCTV -- High Security -- Home Security
Commercial -- Industrial -- Service -- Telecommunications
Operator -- MPAP, Brisbane Queensland
marka at mpap.net.nosp@m
marka at abcalarms.com.au.nosp@m
redness at iname.com.nosp@m