Linux drivers for D-Link TI ACX100 based devices

Jim Carter jimc at math.ucla.edu
Thu Jan 23 05:01:40 EST 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> March?! That's a lot of slippage from December. Sigh. I might cut my
> losses. Can anyone advise me on the best gear that's supported by Linux?

Dell Truemobile 1150 (ORiNOCO rebrand produced by Agere, formerly Lucent,
now sold to Proxim), and Agere AP-200 access point (ORiNOCO): I've had no
trouble with either of these products; they're talking to each other.  The
current Dell offering is the TrueMobile 1180, I believe; I don't know its
details.

Linksys WPC-11 (Intersil firmware): Interoperation problems with the Dell
card in Ad-Hoc mode.  I haven't used the card much on other modes, but when
I did, it worked.

Netgear MA401 (Intersil firmware): two out of two cards dead on arrival,
purchased at different times.  Send them back!

D-Link DWL-900AP+ access point: at work we've had 3 of these for about a
month.  I had to power cycle one of them twice, and one of them once,
because they stopped routing packets.

James F. Carter          Voice 310 825 2897    FAX 310 206 6673
UCLA-Mathnet;  6115 MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA, USA 90095-1555
Email: jimc at math.ucla.edu  http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc (q.v. for PGP key)