Problems using DWL-650H

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Wed Jan 22 19:52:10 EST 2003

>>>>> "Craig" == Craig Sanders <cas at vicnet.net.au> writes:
 Craig> On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 06:20:16AM +0100, Jan Rychter wrote:
 David> Ok - I suggest you try using 0.13a (I haven't had time to push
 David> it to Marcelo yet).  It fixes at least one bug that can result
 David> in those errors (although I suspect there are multiple problems
 David> :-( ).

 >> I've tried 0.13. Upon loading, it completely freezes my computer,
 >> which then reboots after several seconds.
 >>
 >> Should I still try 0.13a?

 Craig> another thing that's worth trying is the hostap drivers.  they
 Craig> work brilliantly on compaq wl-200 cards, and i had them working
 Craig> on a DWL-520 PCI card (then i sold the DWL-520 and bought a
 Craig> DWL-900AP+).

 Craig> i'm pretty sure that they work with DWL-650 cards too.

[...]

I will try that again, although I remember that I tried that once
already in the past and it didn't work with the DWL-650H. Please note
that the DWL-650H is very different from DWL-650, despite the similar
naming. It is being advertised as an "improved" version of the 650 (and
indeed it seems it is more robust with more range and performance). It
is based on Symbol firmware.

--Jan