Problems using DWL-650H

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Sun Jan 19 16:20:16 EST 2003

>>>>> "David" == David Gibson <david at gibson.dropbear.id.au> writes:
 David> Sorry I've taken so long to reply, I've been rather busy.
 David> On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 10:30:54PM +0100, Jan Rychter wrote:
 >> I'm getting errors like:
 >>
 >> [...]  eth0: Error -110 writing Tx descriptor to BAP eth0: Error
 >> -110 writing Tx descriptor to BAP eth0: Error -110 writing Tx
 >> descriptor to BAP [...]
 >>
 >> which a "cardctl eject; cardctl insert" fixes for a while.
 >>
 >> Now, this is a known problem (I've reported it before) -- but I
 >> wanted to report some additional data. Perhaps there will be hidden
 >> hints there.
 >>
 >> I'm still using 0.11b with the double-reset patch:

[...]

 David> Ok - I suggest you try using 0.13a (I haven't had time to push
 David> it to Marcelo yet).  It fixes at least one bug that can result
 David> in those errors (although I suspect there are multiple problems
 David> :-( ).

I've tried 0.13. Upon loading, it completely freezes my computer, which
then reboots after several seconds.

Should I still try 0.13a?

Does loading this code having previously used 0.11b (no hard-reset
inbetween) make any difference?

 >> I've been running a kernel with software suspend for the last month
 >> or so. Now, the networking crashes occur with varying
 >> frequencies. Depending on something the card will either freeze
 >> every 4-5 minutes, or work for hours without a crash. This is
 >> repeatable within a suspend/resume or reboot cycle -- e.g. once I
 >> boot the system (or resume), the crashes occur at fairly regular
 >> intervals.

 David> Hmm... that's quite bizarre.  Unfortunately I'm not sure that I
 David> can make much use of the information beyond stashing it away as
 David> another datapoint until some pattern emerges.

I wasn't really expecting much more.

thanks,
--Jan