Enterasys ROamabout & winXP

Ben Southwood ben at eightdegrees.com.au
Thu Jan 9 13:01:39 EST 2003

Hullo!

I have an enterasys roamabout network card which works really well under
Linux.

I have now tried to set this card up under WinXP (I use XP every now and
again, mainly to check how my open office docs look in M$ Office, for
recipients that haven't seen the light...)

I can't for the life of me get it to work!! I think it is because the
ssid doesn't appear to be set, but am at a loss of how to set this up
correctly. I have set the network workgroup (using peer to peer - no ap)
to the same as my linux server essid, but there doesn't seem to be any
other way of setting it. according to XP the card is installed
correctly, the client is installed and supposedly working, what am I
missing??

Bloody Microsoft, just reinforces why I moved to Linux!

Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers,

Ben