No subject

Tue Dec 2 15:46:46 EST 2003

/* orinoco_pci.c 0.01

orinoco2.c is between 0.08a and 0.08b. ConMakPCI.diff was edited on
Oct. 24th, and orinoco2.c on Oct. 19th.

> On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 10:22:19PM -0500, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> > That didn't happen to me when I tried it this time, though I happen to
> > be at another place with a different NAT router running DHCP right
> > now. Now, I get:
> >
> > Dec 31 22:15:46 samosa dhcpcd[1613]: DHCP_NAK server response received
> >
> > dhcpcd is still running, though.
>
> That is almost certainly not a driver problem.

For some reason (having changed basically nothing), that repeatable
problem, and my earlier repeatable DHCP problem, are no longer
repeatable. Basically, the two problems I have now are the need to
iwconfig all 4 key slots, and that I'm getting lots of BAP writing
errors, looking like:

Jan  3 19:02:12 samosa kernel: eth1: Error -110 writing packet header to BAP
Jan  3 19:02:12 samosa last message repeated 228 times

These cause occasional freezes, especially when the watchdog timer has
to detect the problem and reset.

The BAP errors are why I'm interested in a port of the newer driver
code; I see notes about those being fixed there, and I know that newer
drivers fixed these problems for my PCMCIA card a while back.

But, other than these, the built-in wireless is working quite well
now. Thanks for all your help.