[query] wireless in Canberra

Ty Newton csaweb at ozemail.com.au
Tue Aug 26 11:51:49 EST 2003

Hey,

I just found out about community wireless from an article in APC magazine.
How much coverage is there in Canberra?  I am in Ngunnawal, Gunghalin and
like most people there have no access to broadband networking.  My main
interest is to gain access to the Internet at faster speeds that 28.8 Kbps.
However, setting up a node in a community wireless network sounds like an
interesting thing to do even if I can't get Internet access from it.

Can someone give me a brief overview of the network and what it takes to get
connected.  I have a medium to strong knowledge of networking technology so
please don't 'dumb down' any descriptions.

Thanks
Ty