Rate on Lucent Orinoco

Phil chaos at firestorm.cx
Sun Sep 1 20:55:00 EST 2002

Hiya DS,

I've seen the exact same problem on my laptop. I have a Buffalo
Airstation card (same card as Lucent's I'm told, only rebranded).

The problem you describe only happens on the laptop which is running a
generic kernel 2.4.18. The same Buffalo card is running nicely at 11Mb
on my RedHat 7.3 box (with RedHat's 2.4.18-5 kernel).

But on the RedHat box it seems to force the use of a KEY, no matter what
I do. I can change the key, just can't get rid of it.

I setup another box last night running standard RedHat 7.3, no updates
or anything - and all of those problems vanished. Can set speed/key and
it all sticks. I believe it's running RedHat's 2.4.18-3 kernel.

I know this isn't any help, but I figured since I'm having similar
problems I'd throw some more info into the list :)

I'm gonna try 2.4.19 later, see if that makes a difference.

Later!
-Phil