Rate on Lucent Orinoco

D. Sen dsen at homemail.com
Sun Sep 1 14:25:25 EST 2002

I am having trouble setting the rate on a Lucent Orinoco Silver card
using orinoco_cs.

`iwconfig` reports ---> Bit Rate: 2Mb/s no matter what I do. (Tried
various things like setting `iwconfig rate <auto|11M>' before and after
the driver comes up to no avail).

When I try to measure the throughput from a second (laptop) symetric
result. The transmission rate reaches upto 3 Mbits/sec while the
receving rate reaches a maximum of around 320 Kbits/sec.

orinoco_cs version: 0.11b
Linux Kernel Version: 2.4.19

(The laptop has a prism-ii based integrated wireless connection with the
hostap_pci driver)

Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

DS