hello! experience with 802.11x and extreme humidity?

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon Oct 14 10:41:01 EST 2002

> Lucky you.  I know of someone who was bitching that his wireless
> network went to the dogs when his neighbours started their microwave
> oven up.  I suggested to him that he update his firmware on his cards
> because I recalled a bit about microwave robustness.  I couple of days
> later he came back thanking me because it did indeed fix his problem.
> I suspect you would only really see the problem if you were living in
> apartments or units.

I have seen evidence of microwave interference here (I'm about 5m and a wall
away from a microwave oven, and the other end of the link is about 3m from
the oven).  The S/N goes up and down, from only a few dB degraded to 30dB
degradation, depending on the timing of the measurement.

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain