DWL-900AP and Linux

Michael Renzmann mrenzmann at dylanic.de
Thu Nov 28 19:03:49 EST 2002

Hi.

Jason Hecker wrote:
> Diversity antennas on wireless devices tend to use just the one antenna for
> transmission and both for reception.

Testings of some german guys showed that the ACX100-based APs seem to be
the first APs that are able to do TX-diversity. Which means they switch
the antenna used to send out signals. Some even say that the integrated
antenna is sending with a much stronger signal than the external
antenna. I could not verify those results, as I'm using the Wisecom AP
which has both antennas external (and both are unremovable).

Regarding the "switch off antenna diversity": try to access http://<ip
of access point>/weca.htm and adjust the diversity there. They say this
also has effect on the performance which has been prooved by throughput
messurements (about 650kbyte/s with both antennas, about 950kbyte/s with
only one antenna). Don't ask me what is happening inside those things :)

Bye, Mike