DWL-900AP and Linux

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Thu Nov 28 14:29:39 EST 2002

Diversity antennas on wireless devices tend to use just the one antenna for
transmission and both for reception.  You may see professionally installed
2.4GHz stuff with two conifer type antennas spaced vertically a few metres
apart.  This space diversity helps with fading due to phase cancellation
effects.

Anyway, if you can't turn off the second receiver antenna, desolder it and
short it with a 50 ohm resistor.  This will terminate it properly and the
receiver voter circuit will only end up seeing any signal coming from the
primary antenna and select it always for reception.

Cheers,
jASON