Orinoco start up sequence

Jean Tourrilhes jt at bougret.hpl.hp.com
Fri May 10 06:30:49 EST 2002

Nicola76 wrote :
> I'm using Orinoco PC Card in PIC microcontroller embedded application. I =
> don't understand why after power up at 5V=20
> the PC Card don't repsond, the power led remain off. Please if anyone =
> have information about start up sequence of PCMCIA card email me!!! I =
> need to finish my thesis!=20
> Best Regards,
>
> Nicola Morelli

	Because you need to fully initialise the Pcmcia socket and the
firmware before the led goes up. And that's assuming that your
hardware is working properly (those wireless card suck a lot of power
which tend to create problem with poor embedded designs).
	Please go through the source of the Pcmcia package (including
cardmgr) and the source of the orinoco driver to see how much you have
to re-implement. The best documentation is still the source code...
	Good luck...

	Jean