PC Card!?!

Christopher Abiad cabiad at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 28 07:57:44 EST 2002

Ivan,

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the English in your email, but if
I read it right, you're looking for advice on the availability of 802.11b
drivers under Linux.

A good starting point for this info is Jean Tourrilhes' excellent wireless
Linux web site (if you're out there, thanks Jean!).  He has a lot of info
about the Orinoco driver at the following page:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Orinoco.html

Also, a list of many wireless drivers (Orinoco and others) for Linux can be
found at another of his pages, here:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Linux.Wireless.drivers.
html

The Orinico cards are a good choice since you can have full access to the
source of the Linux drivers (it's Free software under the GPL).  The cards
probably work under Windows too (not sure).  In North America the cards can
be obtained relatively inexpensively .  For more information on these cards,
check out the corporate web site at:
http://www.orinocowireless.com/

Best of luck on your project.

chris