***Setup of Wireless Network with Aironet 352 Card***

nirav nirav at d2visp.com
Tue Mar 26 13:54:16 EST 2002

Hi ...
I 've just registered in this mailing list.....

NEED HELP !!!

My Setup:-
----------
I've three Linux boxes each having following configuration (It's setup to
test)

Intel (Celeron) based PC with Intel 810 Motherboard and 3 PCI slots.
Cisco Aironet 352 (100mv) card with PCI interface.
rtl8139 compatible one Ethernet adapters with PCI interface.
CD-Drive, Floppy Drive ....
RedHat 7.1 Kernel 2.4.2-2 on i686
All the development/ kernel development and utilities and compilers are
installed
AIROLINUXv15000.tar.gz (Driver and utilities, PC340/350 for Linux )
pcmcia-cs-3.1.26.tar.gz (Drivers for PCMCIA)
kernel-wlan-ng-0.1.10-0rh71_k242.i386.rpm (which I believe is latest)

I've setup a Point to Point setup using the default Cisco drivers and
utility like 'acu'
It works fine and I'm able to communicate.

Now the Questions:-
----------------------------

I want to setup a network of such wireless boxes .
There would be a Central Box with a omni directional antenna and multiple
boxes with directional antennas pointing towards the central box ....
What kind of settings will be required on the central Box ?
What I need to setup such network?
How to make a box 'access point' ?
In which mode it will run now ... 'adhoc'/ 'infrastructure'/'accesspoint' ?
How the routing will be done ...?
How would I authorize the remote box to get into my network and talk via my
central box?

Ok .... That's it .... I thank all of u in advance who will reply and who
won't ... :-)

Nir.