How to change "current transmit key" in Linux?

Min-Gyu Cho mgcho at eecs.umich.edu
Sat Mar 23 08:39:22 EST 2002

Hi,

I tried to change the current transmit key of wireless card on Linux with
iwconfig, but couldn't. The following is what I tried,

# iwconfig eth0 key 1234-5678-90 [2]
# iwconfig eth0 key [2]
# iwlist eth0 key
eth0      2 key sizes : 40, 104bits
          4 keys available :
		[1]: 1111-1111-11 (40 bits)
		[2]: 1234-5678-90 (40 bits)
		[3]: off
		[4]: off
          Current Transmit Key: [1]

I expected to current transmit key shows [2] instead of [1] in the above
exmaple. I believe I tried as described in the man page or some documents
on the web.

I tried this with Lucent Orinoco card. I'm running RedHat 7.1 with 2.4.17
kernel (I compiled). And I'm using wirelesstools 23. I compiled the device
driver with pcmcia package 3.1.33, and used orinoco driver (orinoco_cs.o
and orinoco.o)

If anyone know how to change the current transmit key, plz let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Min-gyu Cho