discrepancy in tx_time

Steve J steve_newus at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 13:58:24 EST 2002

Hi,
I am quoting this from part of specs that are
available in the document - s0005-11-light.rtf

"HREG_EV_TX :Due to the configuration of the Hermes by
the WCI, this event does not occur in WCI based Host
S/W. The meaning of this status is: "asynchronous
Transmission process is successfully completed"."

So, i guess it is not the buffering time but the
transmission time.

Well it is still not clear why the tx_time be
influenced by the packet generation rate
I observe follwing things, condsidering the Tx time is
measured as I meantioned in my previous mail.

For three differnect UDP applications :

1300 bytes per 10 msec -> TX_time = 100 usec
1300 bytes as fast as possible -> TX_time = 600 usec
1 bytes as fast as posible -> TX_time = 500 usec

KIndly help
regards,
-S