DLink DWL-500 PCI with Mandrake 8.1

Nikunj Bansal nikunj at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 9 05:50:14 EST 2002

Hi Mehmet,

Thanks for the info. I got this card working yesterday
using the linux-wlan-ng driver "prism2_cs". Also, it
turns out that it needed the flash upgrade to 0.8.3 to
get it going in Ad-hoc mode under Linux. When I did
that, voila it all worked properly. Next step for me
is to see if I can get all my machines talking with
WEP.

Thanks
Nikunj