DLink DWL-500 PCI with Mandrake 8.1

Mehmet Yousouf mehmety at auslin.com.au
Fri Mar 8 23:04:20 EST 2002

Hi, I've got the DWL-500 working OK on a Mandrake 8.1 distro aswell as a
RedHat 7.2 ...... Some suggestions -
If you have the pcmcia modules, you should already have pcmcia installed.
Try starting pcmcia (/etc/initd/pcmcia start - you might have to start the
card manager manually - "cardmgr") If you get the beeps, it is loaded and the
card is detected.
Do you have wireless-tools installed?
you will need it to do some configuring (iwconfig will show details of your
wireless cards)
Try "lsmod" to see which modules are loaded - chances are it will be
wvlan_cs, you will have to edit the wireless.opts file.....
If all is fired up, use ifconfig to get the interface ip configured.

Hope this helps

Regards, Mehmet