kernel: eth1: Null event in orinoco_interrupt!

Jim Carter jimc at math.ucla.edu
Fri Jun 28 03:08:58 EST 2002

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Paul Gresham wrote:
> Hi, please can someone point me in the right direction. I'm using an
> Orinoco Silver pcmcia card connecting to an RG1000. My linux server is my
> gateway to the web and has a pcmcia adaptor in it, which by default loads up
> as a  yenta socket
> ---- snip ----
> Jun 27 06:52:35 localhost kernel: eth1: Null event in orinoco_interrupt!

This is excessive paranoia, attributed to sharing an IRQ between the
wireless card and something else, so when the something else interrupts,
the wireless card has nothing to say to the driver.  This check was removed
several driver versions ago.

The latest driver version is 0.12 and it can be obtained from

http://ozlabs.org/people/dgibson/dldwd/

James F. Carter          Voice 310 825 2897    FAX 310 206 6673
UCLA-Mathnet;  6115 MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA, USA  90095-1555
Email: jimc at math.ucla.edu    http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc (q.v. for PGP key)