kernel: eth1: Null event in orinoco_interrupt!

Paul Gresham paul.gresham at clsa.com
Fri Jun 28 01:19:08 EST 2002

Hi, please can someone point me in the right direction. I'm using an
Orinoco Silver pcmcia card connecting to an RG1000. My linux server is my
gateway to the web and has a pcmcia adaptor in it, which by default loads up
as a
yenta socket

here's relevent parts of lsmod:

orinoco_cs              5640   1
orinoco                34368   0  [orinoco_cs]
hermes                  5344   0  [orinoco_cs orinoco]
ds                      8608   1  [orinoco_cs]
yenta_socket           12384   1
pcmcia_core            50752   0  [orinoco_cs ds yenta_socket]

when I fire up the eth1 adaptor is spits this message on the terminal:
RTNETLINK answers: File exists

in the syslog I can see this:
Jun 27 06:52:35 localhost kernel: eth1: Null event in orinoco_interrupt!
Jun 27 06:53:06 localhost last message repeated 129 times
Jun 27 06:54:08 localhost last message repeated 240 times
Jun 27 06:55:09 localhost last message repeated 117 times
Jun 27 06:56:11 localhost last message repeated 134 times
Jun 27 06:57:14 localhost last message repeated 127 times
Jun 27 06:58:15 localhost last message repeated 60 times
Jun 27 06:59:19 localhost last message repeated 1333 times
etc.

I've no idea where to start looking and have little experience with PCMCIA
any
pointers would be great.i.e. is this likely to be the pcmcia adaptor or the
card
itself? where can I go digging?

Many Thanks
Paul Gresham

Additional information is available upon request
Copyright (c) 2002 CLSA Emerging Markets. The information and statistical data herein have been obtained from sources we believe to be reliable but in no way are warranted by us as to accuracy or completeness. We do not undertake to advise you as to any change of our views. This is not a solicitation or any offer to buy or sell. CLSA Emerging Markets has produced this information for private circulation only. All information and advice is given in good faith but without any warranty. CLSA Emerging Markets, its affiliates or companies or individuals connected with CLSA Emerging Markets may have used the information set forth herein before publication and may have positions in, may from time to time purchase or sell or may be materially interested in any of the securities mentioned or related securities. This information is subject to the terms and conditions of use set forth on the www.clsa.com website. MITA (P) 405/07/2001. V.020402.

This email is only for the use of the addressee and may contain information which is confidential, privileged or subject to copyright. If you receive this and are not the addressee, please contact the sender or postmaster at clsa.com immediately. Thank you.

CLSA EMERGING MARKETS http://www.clsa.com