WL200 and 2.2.19 kernel

Alan Wilkie alan at objcomp.com.au
Fri Jun 21 08:44:41 EST 2002

Matthew,

>Does anyone have either prism2_cs.o or hostap_cs.o compiled for this 2.2.19
>kernel with pcmcia_cs 3.1.33. I am having no luck compiling one.

I compiled it some time ago with the 2.2.19 kernel and pcmcia_cs 3.1.28
for an LRP (floppy based) installation.  I've forgotten most of the
details of the problems, but if you have specific questions it might
trigger some memories.

The major problem I recall is that once I got it compiled it crashed
badly, and I discovered that the old version of gcc needed to build for
LRP used a different directive for structure alignment than the current
one.  The prism2_cs code seemed to have changed half way through
development because some had the "old" way and everything had the "new"
way.  After I added the "old" way #defines to every structure used to
communicate with the hardware it worked like a charm.

Cheers,

Alan