Orinoco 0.11b and WE14

Paul Gonin paul-ml at gonin.net
Tue Jun 18 11:43:59 EST 2002

> 	You kernel source is maybe corrupted, or you did something
> wrong with it, because the default driver would not try to include
> this file in standard 2.4.18. Use a clean kernel and then apply both
> WE patches on my page. Or use 2.4.19-pre6 and only the second patch.

The patch I applied (ori.11b.we14.mos.diff) adds this include (on line 75:
+#if WIRELESS_EXT > 12
+#include <net/iw_handler.h>
+#endif /* WIRELESS_EXT > 12 */

> 	Note : there is also the possibility that your cross compile
> environment got confused in term of kernel header paths. Are you
> compiling the driver from within the kernel or externally ?
> 	Regards,
>
> 	Jean

I am compiling externally (I downloaded orinoco11b from ozlabs.org)

note: my goal is to be able to run the orinoco driver with WE14 on an
iPaq to use the scanning facility. I already got the wireless tools 24
to compile (except iwevent)

Thanks all for your help

Paul