Orinoco FW version

Christopher Abiad cabiad at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jun 13 07:16:36 EST 2002

I learned how to compile the Linux kernel only recently.  It turns out it
really isn't that hard at all.  Basically it just requires you to know
about what kinds of hardware you'd like your system to be compatible with
(what you've already got, plus what you think you might get in the future)
.  When in doubt, there's always help info and, as a last resort, a
default option.

You might also look for a kernel compilation HOWTO on the internet.  Can't
remember the one I read, but some of them are quite good.

For the time being though, to compile the kernel from the command line you
should try: make menuconfig.

The command "make xconfig" is for setting up compilation options under X
Windows and requires that you have it running.

Good luck!

chris