Replying to spam (Re: Job Offer)

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Tue Jun 4 23:30:22 EST 2002

Hello!

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Clinton Jones wrote:

> I apologise if this is a bad list to post a job offer on, however our
> organisation is looking for Networking Operations Manager =- anyone out
> there interested - it is based in Saudi Arabia, tax free salary and all the
> usual perks. We run VSAT's, leased lines, Orinoco Wavelans and a veritable
> slew of other bits and pieces. Interesting and challenging work for someone
> with helicopter and granular approaches to service and support. A good
> all-rounder would be optimal

I think Mr. Ezra won't accept your offer.  He works with millions of
dollars :-)

Let's stop this useless discussion right now.  Spam filtering should be
implemented by the administrator of the list.  If anybody knows how to
reach the list administrator and knows how to setup spam filtering, please
write him or her and suggest your help.

Discussing spam in the list is useless - it only adds the amount of
useless traffic.  Replying to spam makes you look pretty dumb - spammers
don't read your replies.  Offering the spammer a job or asking him to
unsubscribe you from the list may be funny for some of us, but not for me.

Let's all read Netiquette Guidelines in RFC-1855
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt)

And, by the way, let's stop sending HTML e-mail to the list.  HTML e-mail
can be abused, and it's abused by spammers every day.  Not all mail user
agents can read HTML e-mail safely.  It's not archived properly.
Legitimate HTML e-mail makes it harder to filter out HTML spam.

Please, let's stop littering the list.  Want to write me - do it in
private.  Sorry for offtopic, but somebody had to write it.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin