full-duplex 802.11?

Martin Pot m.t.pot at ieee.org
Tue Jul 16 22:15:52 EST 2002

Whoops...didn't mean to send it just yet...

I haven't checked to see what it does to signal strength in a laptop.
However, in my desktop wireless router, I have two SVEC pcmcia-to-pci
adapters in adjacent PCI slots (it only has two PCI slots...).

Over a very short link (ie, from one end of my office to the other), I can
get an SNR of 35 with only one card in the desktop.  Plugging another card
in drops the SNR from 35 to 22.

Cheers,
Martin.