64bit wep on orinoco_cs?

Blake R. Swopes bswopes at isecorp.com
Wed Jul 17 02:22:54 EST 2002

I'm trying to add a linux client to an existing windows wireless network,
with 64bit wep. I can get a linux and win system to talk to each other in ad
hoc mode without encryption, but when I try to test WEP, I can't ping.

I'm using the latest pcmcia-cs and the included orinoco_cs driver. The card
is orinoco silver. This should be able to use 64bit wep, right?

In wireless.opts, I have KEY="1122334455". When I check iwconfig on the
card, the encryption shows up as "1122-3344-55", is this correct?

Thanks,

Blake