: orinoco-12b with pcmcia 3.1.34 and kernel 2.4.18

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Fri Jul 12 02:31:14 EST 2002

Hello, Michael!

>  orinoco_cs: Card Service releas does not match !
>
>  and in my log i have  some  unresolved symbol on orinoco_shutdown,
> orinoco_reset

I believe you don't have PCMCIA support in the kernel, but you compiled
the driver using its own Makefile, which compiles the driver against the
kernel headers.  Or something like that.

Give more information if you need a better explanation (exact output
instead of your interpretation of error messages, whether the kernel
supports PCMCIA, how you compiled the driver etc).

By the way, make sure you have only one copy of hermes.o, orinoco.o and
orinoco_cs.o installed in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/

Orinoco Makefile has some protection against duplicate drivers, but
pcmcia-cs installs everything under /lib/modules/`uname -r`/pcmcia

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin