More on the Orinoco + XI-825 + StrongARM platform...

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Feb 22 16:46:36 EST 2002

David Gibson wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 10:55:02AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
>
>>Now that I got the NIC working with the compile option,
>>I tried a ping -f
>>
>>Both the laptop (running the orinoco driver in 2.4.17-pre2)
>>and the cube show similar errors.  However, it appears that
>>most of the packets are being sent and received correctly,
>>though there are definately some drops too.
>>
>>(I commented out the verbose printing in the cube driver, btw...)
>>
>>Here's from the cube:
>>
>>eth1: Tx error, status 1 (FID=0212)
>>eth1: Tx error, status 1 (FID=0264)
>>eth1: Tx error, status 1 (FID=02FD)
>>eth1: Tx error, status 1 (FID=018E)
>>eth1: Tx error, status 1 (FID=037B)
>>eth1: Tx error, status 1 (FID=01F4)
>>eth1: Tx error, status 1 (FID=025F)
>>eth1: Tx error, status 1 (FID=0314)
>>eth1: Tx error, status 1 (FID=02E0)
>>

> Looks like one of the all-too-numerous generic errors we're fighting
> at the moment :-(

Is there anywhere I can look to see what 'status 1' might mean?
I got over my fear of hacking drivers (hopefully that is a good
thing :))

Also, would it make sense to re-transmit the packet (or do we
even know which packet this relates to?)

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>