trouble with Orinoco PCMCIA -> PCI bridge & Linux

Nicolas ROBAUX n.robaux at bpf.vnu.com
Mon Feb 18 20:29:09 EST 2002

Hi !

I have exactly the same problem, and I'm trying to resolve it, just like you.
Is your kernel on your laptop ready for PCMCIA ?
There are many options for the compilation, about PCMCIA, and about PCMCIA
settings, and these settings are usually set on OFF, on desktop kernels.
You will perhaps have to recompile your kernel.
I just recompiled my Mandrake 2.4.8 kernel yesterday. It still doesn't work
(the make modules_install ended in a strange way, not with an error, but
with a test about... the pcmcia directories, and then ended, and the
/lib/modules/newkernel/pcmcia is still empty), but I have many more things
to read in the PCMCIA How-to...

And about the module : I read that the correct module is wvlan, not
wavelan. Wavelan is for older cards.

Let's help together ? ;-)

Nicolas

Le 17/02/2002 à 21:57 +0100, Ben Greear a bien voulu m'écrire :