Addtron AWP-100, orinoco_cs, RH 7.2, WEP

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Mon Feb 4 15:30:17 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 07:06:48PM -0800, Peter E. Popovich wrote:
> On my fully up2date RH7.2 laptop, I've added /etc/pcmcia/hermes.conf and
> upgraded firmware to 8c3, my Addtron AWP-100 works nicely, except for WEP.
> Hence my posting here.
>
> Obviously, using a newer orinoco_cs might help, but I'd kind of like to hear
> from someone who has WEP working on a Prism2 chipset before I sink the time
> into rolling my own kernel.

Unfortunately we had a misunderstanding on how WEP was set up on
Intersil firmware cards (such as the Addtron) which means until very
recently it generally wouldn't work.  The current testing version
(http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson/dldwd/testing) has the fix (but
might be broken in other ways.  The next release should also contain
the fix.