Sharp Zaurus (ARM) lockup with Z-Com XI-825

Martin Mueller lists at sig21.net
Sun Apr 21 05:01:13 EST 2002

Hi,

since I wasn't able to figure out how to use powersave mode with the
wlan-ng driver included on the Zaurus, I decided to give the
orinoco_cs driver a try. Here is what I did:

1. Used the driver 0.6 (included with linux-2.4.6 which is the kernel
   used on the Sharp Zaurus SL-5500) and compiled with
   -mstructure-size-boundary=8

   The driver load fine and works as long as it doesn't get used to
   heavily. When I use something like vnc on the zaurus the whole
   system locks up solid, only powercycle helps.

2. Got the orinoco driver 0.11 from the website and defined the
   min/max/min_t/max_t stuff to make it compile and replaced #include
   <linux/slab.h> with #include <linux/malloc.h>

   The behaviour is the same as with 1. it just takes longer to crash
   the system (except that powersaving actually works).

The included prism2_cs driver works flawlessly for hours under heavy
load.

The device used is a Z-Com XI-825 compact flash wireless card, using
the Prism 2.5 design.

I'll get a Melco (Buffalo) Airstation WLI-CF-S11G compact flash card
on Monday and will try it with the driver too. If you're interested
I'll let you know the results.

If you need any more information let me know.

bye

  MM