Wireless across building

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Sat Apr 20 10:56:11 EST 2002

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, John Morrison wrote:

> THANKS everyone!!!
> 	I've never had such a good response from a chat group. :-)
>
> 	We've settled on D-Link DWL-900ap it seems to give everything we
> need and the price is right. :-)

Good to hear you've found a soluion that works for you.

> I'm now looking at setting up a wireless network in my neighbourhood
> so I'm reading up on all the info you've all provided.

Which area are you in, there may be others in your area who are already
making an effort.

There is also the Australian Wireless Association which is making alot of
effort to help community wireless networks.

They are just starting up, but information can be found through
http://www.sydneywireless.com/

> The recipe from Joachim Frank is great!!!
> I'm sure I'll have some more questions about this later as I get
> deeper into it.  BUT at least it's closer to what this groups is for.
> :-)

There are a number of groups around Australia which have already begun to
setup wireless networks, check the links page at Sydney Wireless.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby   : Doof.org                     -> jalovick at doof.org
Director: Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd    -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au