802.11b networking

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Sat Sep 29 19:16:46 EST 2001

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 06:53:52PM +1000, Steven Hanley wrote:
> The cards currently wont behave as base stations (well someone has written a
> driver to make the prismII based cards work as an AP however I have not tried
> it so have no idea if it works)

woops, forgot to include the URI to the driver
http://www.epitest.fi/Prism2/

and the author says he does not know if non PrismII cards can be a Base
Station/Access Point without special firmware added in (what the manufacturers
want to make you pay throuogh the nose for)

David, any chance of your driver doing AP mode sometime for cards such as
this?

        See You
            Steve

--