Aviator and Apple Airport

Matthew Lambie mlambie at pacc.com.au
Sat Sep 22 15:47:05 EST 2001

Hello everyone,

My first foray into wireless networking. Yesterday we began collecting Galaxy antenna from the local community. Got 4, and have another 5-6 to get in a few days when the rain stops ;)

Anyway... I have an Aviator 2.4 card in a Linux box and want to point it at an Airport that is a fair distance away. Has anyone successfully gotten the Airport to talk to an Aviator card? If so, does it work like a switch and communicate to me at 2MB and the others at 11MB, because there was concern that it would drop to 2MB for all connecting cards. I have not tried any of this yet, but wanted to know what people had found in their own experiments.

Any help will be appreciated ;)

Thanks,

Matthew Lambie
mlambie at pacc.com.au