Legacy Wavelan stuff.

Dent, Mike m.dent at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Sep 18 19:45:29 EST 2001

Hi, I have begun setting up some wireless networking to my neighbours, we are
going to share the cost of a SDSL link.
I'm using a Wavepoint 1 unit and legacy wavelan cards in the neighbours PC's.

I'd like to know if the Wavepoints will handle point to multi-point correctly.
i.e. Do they some how poll the clients to see if they have
any data to send?

My concern is that not all the neighbours will be able to communicate with each
other directly, due to antenna position etc but they can
all communicate through the wavepoint bridge ok. Will they end up transmitting
on top of each other or does the wavepoint/wavelan
code take this kind of scenario in to account?

thanks,
Mike