help with D-Link DWL-650: a physical manifestation of

Alex Deucher agd5f at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 00:09:38 EST 2001

If you could, I'd appreciate it.  Also what is the
proper method for passing the the ignore_cis_vcc
option to the orinoco driver?  I've been adding the
option to the module line ie: opts "ignore_cis_vcc".

Thanks,

Alex

--------------------------

well I used to use the wvlan_cs driver with my
dwl-650, but gave up on that as
the driver was unreliable and unstable.

Now I use david gibson's orinoco driver and it all
works fine.

you need to use the orinoco, orinoco_cs and hermes
modules from a recent (such
as 2.4.9) kernel.

Then setup pcmcia so it loads these drivers when the
card is inserted. I find
it works pretty much flawlessly now with these
drivers. I am not usign a bse
station so have to be cazreful about how I bring up
the interface with
iwconfig options, however with a base station it
should work off the bat.

If you need I can post the config stuff pcmcia needed
to correctly load the
drivers on insetion of the card or something (cant add
them just now as I am
at work)

         See You
             Steve